Receive a tax credit while changing generations
The Baptist Children's Village is a Qualified Charitable Organization (QCO) according to the Mississippi Department of Revenue (MSDOR). That is great news for our donors! The new Children's Promise Act tax credit, just passed by the legislature and signed by the governor, provides a dollar-for-dollar tax credit for donations to The BCV.
- Serves over 200 children every year, ages 1-20 in all 82 counties on 7 residential campuses located throughout Mississippi
- Serves at-risk children and families in 33 counties through our non-residential program
- The Baptist Children’s Village is 100% privately funded so every donation matters
- The Baptist Children’s Village has been serving Mississippi children for 122 years
There is a limited amount of money available so act quickly to receive your tax credit. To qualify for eligibility:
- Download and submit the MSDOR application for tax allocation. Within 30 days of receipt, MSDOR will send notification of allocation.
- Give a donation to The Baptist Children’s Village.
- Send donation verification to the MSDOR. Verification must be received within 60 days of receipt of notification of allocation.
Ask your tax professional about the new dollar-for-dollar Children's Promise Act tax credit.
Do I mail my MSDOR application before or after I make my donation?
Either. If you mail your application first, you will receive notification of approval within 30 days and must make your donation within 60 days of receiving approval.
If you make your donation and send in your BCV receipt with the application, you will receive notification of approval within 30 days.
In either case, after you receive your BCV receipt for your donation mail your receipt and your application to MSDOR
How much tax credit am I allowed?
An individual is allowed a $400 ($800 for a couple) dollar-for-dollar tax credit since The BCV is a designated Qualified Charitable Organization (QCO).
A business can receive a dollar-for-dollar tax credit for up to 50% of its tax liability for the given year.
Have any more questions?
Please contact us with any questions about how your gift will be utilized or about the process.